HR-Manager - Hotelschool
Hotelschool The Hague was founded in 1929, making it one of the oldest independent hotel schools in the world. Since 1929, Hotelschool The Hague has been renowned for its education and innovative research and is ranked among the top Hospitality Management Schools in the world and the best Hotelschool in The Netherlands. Graduates of Hotelschool The Hague occupy leading positions in the hospitality industry all over the world. The school has two campuses, one in The Hague and one in Amsterdam with over 2,600 students, an international student intake of 40% and more than 250 employees.
Hotelschool The Hague is looking for a:
Are you proactive, effective, do you ensure connection and leadership, do you embrace the growth mindset and does it appeal to you to work in an international environment, then we would like to get to know you!
Function description HR-Manager - Hotelschool
The Human Resources department is responsible for the short and long-term planning and management of the Human Resources and Learning & Development function and ensures consistency of approach in Compensation& Benefits, Staffing, Learning & Development and ongoing issues related to the teams and labour relations. The Human Resources department supports and advises the Board of Directors, the management teams, teams and employees on HR related subjects. The HR team consists of five professionals: an HR Coordinator, two HR Advisors, a Payroll Administrator and the HR Manager. The HR department is an active contributor to organisational renewal and contributes actively to improving employee commitment and engagement. The objective of the HR department is to help the organisation anticipate and adapt to future developments and deliver efficient and effective HR processes.
General function description
Working in a matrix structure with multiple stakeholders, the Human Resources Manager will work with the Board of Directors, the executive management team and the teams to execute on HR strategies and initiatives to achieve and maintain Hotelschool The Hague strategic objectives and plan.
The HR Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors. The HR Manager gives advice within the organisation and to the Board of Directors, initiates, writes and executes the plans approved by the Board of Directors, reports on progress and is hands-on.
The HR Manager
- Leads the HR department by creating an environment where people grow, building a strong and proactive HR team
- Is a business and & strategic partner for Board of Directors in design, development and execution of HR processes.
- Is responsible for the execution of HR processes
- Is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of an HR strategy that is in line with the institutional plan and the translation of the HR strategy into HR-policy/tactics, budget and the operational plan, co-created with the HR team and other stakeholders (both external as well as internal parties)
- Collaborates intensively with other departments within The Hotelschool such as Managers of the different departments, Timetable Office, Finance, Marketing, Codetermination Council etc.
- Builds and maintains external relationships related to the HR area and the HR lecturers and Learning Community
- Manages and works on the implementation of a range of HR-themes and projects, including the professionalisation plan, sustainable employability, onboarding, assessment and rewards, (international recruitment), and employee development
- Initiates implementing change using appropriate HR instruments
- Helps the organisation to build a culture of trust, professionality and of stability
- Contributes to good employer-employee relations.
Job requirements HR-Manager - Hotelschool
Desired background of the candidate:
- Leadership skills (see separate leadership profile)
- Extensive (more than 6 years) managerial, change management (organisational development) and strategic personnel planning experience in similar organisations
- Has an understanding of, for education, relevant social, governance, the employment market and educational developments
- Knowledge about relevant law/collective labour agreements and Dutch Higher Education system
- A proven track record in building a HR department, the development of modern HR instruments and in managing HR professionals
- Has experience in switching between the educational process on the one hand, HR subjects and operational processes on the other hand
- Able to build constructive working relationships with all levels in and outside the organisation & the ability to set priorities and the power to execute
- Excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills and fluent command of Dutch and English, spoken and written.
- Preferable, master degree in HR
In order to perform the function adequately, it is important to have the following competences:
- Collaborative and relativising with humour
- Networker and leader
- Enthusiastic and curious
- Guidance, implementation power and results focused
- Coaching and facilitating
- Strong but always connected
- Creative and inventive with guts
- To separate head from side issues and to set priorities
- Communicatively strong, persuasive, verbal and non-verbal
- Organisation sensitivity
- Analytical capacity
Conditions of employment
Depending on your professional experience and qualifications, your salary will be scaled in scale 13 (maximum € 6.036,13 per month) in line with the sector’s collective agreement (CAO-HBO). In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits.
- A 13th month
- Employees with working weeks of 40 hours are entitled to 428 hours (53 days) of leave with retention of salary per calendar year
- Reimbursement of travel expenses commuting in accordance with Cao Hbo
- An allowance for the costs of your health insurance
- A retirement pension through ABP
- Flexibility in working hours for a good work-life balance
- Assignment: initially for a period of one year
A VOG, an English language proficiency test and an assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
You are willing to work at both our school campuses in The Hague and Amsterdam.
For more information please contact Rikkert de Nooij, partner De Roo, mobile 06 4126 8686 or office 088 5522 999.
We would like to receive your motivational letter and curriculum vitea as soon as possible via the 'solliciteer' button on this page. Here you can upload the requested documents.
For more information about the organization go to https://hotelschool.nl/en.